Visa Applications

Canadian Visa Applications

If you need a visa to come to Canada, you can apply for a visitor visa (also known as a temporary resident visa). There are two types: a single entry visa and a multiple entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A multiple entry visa allows visitors to come and go from Canada for six months at a time, without having to reapply each time. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

A single entry visa allows you to come to Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

If your visa is still valid and you are travelling only and directly to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you do not need a new visitor visa to return to Canada.

Starting on February 6, 2014 all visa applicants will automatically be considered for a multiple entry visa. The visa officer reviewing your application may be able to give you this type of visa even if you applied for a single entry visa.

To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must: be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, be allowed to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions.

Immigration officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. An officer will look at things such as your ties to your home country, the purpose of your visit and your finances etc.

You have to also prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold, provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support, have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and have an immigration medical exam.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is asked from visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Since Turkish citizens are required to obtain a visa to Canada, they do not need to get an eTA.

Depending on the purpose of your travel, all kinds of your visa applications will be prepared and submitted carefully to Canadian Embasies and Consulates around the world.